The BackHug device should not be used by pregnant women, persons who are ill, persons with back, neck, shoulder or hip injuries or persons who have any back, neck, shoulder or hip-related medical conditions.
If you have a prior medical condition of any kind or receive medical treatment in any area of your body, consult a physician before use.
- Do not start the BackHug session unless you are lying on the device.
- Do not use the device for the head, abdomen, elbows or knees.
- Do not use the device (to apply to your body) for more than 60 minutes at a time. Excessive use can over-stimulate the muscles and nerves and result in adverse effects.
- Repeated use of BackHug, particularly with strong pressure settings, may leave marks or cause dry skin or skin discolouration from time to time. This effect can be mitigated by wearing extra layers of clothing or placing a blanket or other softening layer on the device during treatment.
- If you start to feel sick or if the session seems painful while using the device, stop using the device immediately.
- Do not allow children to use the device or play around it, especially during the operation.
- Do not sit on the leg rest.
- Click here to read: device manual & installation guide.
The age, height and weight limitations
Anyone 18 years or older, between 4'11" (150 centimetres) and 6'5" (198 centimetres) in height and no more than 26 st (165 kg) in weight can safely use BackHug. If you are 75 years or older, we recommend you consult your physician before using BackHug. Anyone who does not fall within any of these recommended age, height or weight parameters should only use BackHug with their physician’s approval.